Healing Hands of Massage & Equine Massage Therapy, has recently relocated to Edmonton, Alberta.
We are grateful to all during this critical time, following our protocols, to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. If you have been traveling outside of Edmonton, visiting with loved ones or friends in regions in the province of Alberta with high ratios of COVID-19, we advise you to reconsider scheduling your appointment 14 days after you have had your visit for preventative measures. Note that that the vaccination for COVID19 is not for immunity but to protect you and others from getting serious symptoms.
Healing Hands of Massage & Equine Massage Therapy offers a holistic client-centered approach to health care that empowers clients towards total health and wellness. The clinic offers effective therapeutic massage treatments, addressing specific concerns as well as an overall focus and attention to all factors contributing to the problem.
Janet Law, RMT, CEMT, and an acupuncture therapist, is a graduate of the Massage Therapy program at Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology in 2000. Janet is registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, a member of a regulatory body, and a newly appointed member of the Massage Therapy Association of Alberta, completing a minimum of 2200 hours of education.
Having been trained in Ontario as a Registered Massage Therapist and in private practice for 21 years, Janet’s approach is much like that of your Family Physician. Beginning with a consultation and a discussion of what your goals are, Janet starts the treatment with orthopedic and muscle testing, as well as blood pressure monitoring prior to your massage treatment. This allows Janet to understand why there is pain and how to address it in your initial treatment. So, based on the results of your postural analysis and assessment Janet may offer additional applications such as hydrotherapy (hot or cold applications), athletic taping, essential oils, acupuncture, and remedial exercises for home care, that couples a holistic approach to health and wellness in her practice of massage therapy.
Did you know that Janet is an Equestrian as well? Apart from her clinical practice, Janet offers Equine Massage Therapy, a division of Healing Hands of Massage as Janet is also passionate about working with equestrians and their horses to improve the riders’ and the horses’ well-being as well. For more information on Equine Massage Therapy click on the TAB above.
Before booking your appointment
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!
What to expect in the NEW NORM from Us:
- more hand sanitization stations
- physical distancing signage where appropriate
- plexiglass barrier at our reception
- scaled back waiting room/reception
- online prescreening for COVID-19 that is mandatory when confirming your appointment
- you will be expected to wear a non-surgical mask. We encourage you to bring your own, but one can be offered to you
- PPE on our practitioners for safety
- increased sanitization and disinfecting of all furniture, tables, and surfaces prior your arrival
- Initial visits with Janet include consultation and treatment. Reserve 60 minutes for your first visit. There after….
- 45 minute appointments will ONLY be offered, in order to keep the flow simple and allow a stagger of appointments
- in the event that the COVID-19 curve increases, be forewarned that we may have to shut down without warning, with recommendations from the Provincial Government of Alberta and the Massage Therapy Association of Alberta
Prior to your appointment we ask that you PLEASE eliminate by using other sources for washroom facilities before coming, as our bathroom facilities will only be used for emergency purposes only. Please remain in your vehicle until 5 minutes before your appointment, to avoid congesting and overlapping of patients in the lobby as it is shared with others.
For whatever reason, if you need to cancel your scheduled appointment, please provide us with 24 hours notice to avoid a billing fee.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Healing Hands of Massage & Equine Massage Therapy
Heritage Valley 705-561-3072
For your convenience, online booking is available at email@example.com. Diirect billing is also available.
Equine Massage Therapy 705-561-3072